Monday, October 10, 2011

Term 3 Trips

So last week I spontaneously decided to sign up for this year's term 3 trip to Hawaii!!??

Let me tell you the whole story. Since I am a new blogger I should start by telling you that I originally came to Elmira College with the class of 2013, however, I had 25 college credits from high school, so I started Elmira as a sophomore, which is why I am now a member of the class of 2012. Anyways, I have been taking 6 courses or more every term since freshman year so I could graduate in 2012 with marketing and management specializations and a minor, so I didn't think I would be able to go on any term 3 trips during my college career. However, I was able to attend the United Kingdom term 3 trip last year for 6 credits of European history, which is a general degree requirement. That was last year, so I don't want to get too into that but I was the trip blogger for the entire 3 weeks we were there, and I blogged everyday, so if you want to read more about it, the website is http://ecuk11.blogspot.com/. So, now that I am done with my history requirements, I figured that was going to be my big trip, until last week when my roommate busted open our door screaming in excitement that she had just put down a deposit on the term 3 trip to Hawaii.

I was fuming in jealousy, and decided to check out the trips and my schedule one more time. Turns out, the Hawaii trip counts as 6 PED (physical education) credits, which is the last general degree requirement that I had not yet fulfilled. I frantically reworked my schedule to fit the rest of my classes into term 2 this year, and ran to drop off my deposit, securing a spot on the trip to Hawaii 45 minutes before the trip was completely full. Talk about luck!

I am overwhelmingly excited for this trip to celebrate the last three years of hard work and my upcoming graduation from Elmira College. It is times like these that I am reminded that I made the right decision to attend this school. I honestly do not feel like these opportunities would be so readily available elsewhere. Stay posted for my blogs from Hawaii in a few months!

No comments:

Post a Comment