Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Good News

Now that we have all returned from our last break before the end of term 2, we are re-energized and prepared to finish our last term of classes strong. I had a wonderful break, I went to visit Niagara Falls, Canada for the first time with my boyfriend and I had a blast. When I returned to campus Sunday afternoon to finally hand in my internship paperwork to be accepted and approved, I arrived to a pile of good news in my mailbox. First, I received information about Commencement preparation which is rapidly approaching. Second, I received news that my essay that I submitted for the ISM scholarship was selected as one of the finalists, and that I have an interview on Thursday to further discuss my interest in pursuing procurement and purchasing as a career. Third, was a notification that I was one of 47 students selected by Elmira College to be a member of the Who's Who national recognition for students that demonstrate academic excellence and leadership abilities. Also, my picture and biography were posted in Harris Hall on the Economics bulletin board for having senior status and studying for a minor in economics. I also got an e-mail about being an overnight host again for a perspective student for Honor Scholars Weekend in March. Today, my group and I presented a huge group project presentation for one of my classes, and the weather is starting to get warmer. Only a few more weeks of my crazy, 6 class schedule and I'm home free!!

No comments:

Post a Comment