Friday, February 10, 2012

Halfway Point

It is almost the halfway point of term 2, and everyone is feeling the stress of mid-term exam week. With 4 classes in a row on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I'm very fortunate that two of my professors took pity on us, and gave us take-home mid-terms instead to lighten the load. This weekend is the Athletic Alumni Weekend, where a bunch of alumni come to network with current students and answer any questions they might have. Also, my parents are coming this weekend to visit me since my 21st birthday was 2 weeks ago and I haven't seen them yet. I recently applied for a local scholarship offered by the Institute of Supply Chain Management in the Finger Lake Region (ISMFLR). Every year, the ISMFLR holds a fund raiser to collect as much money as possible to give back to the community in the form of scholarships. The criteria to be a candidate for the scholarship is full-time student status, majoring in Business Administration, with an interest in pursuing supply chain management as a possible career. I applied for this scholarship last year, however, they only had enough for 2 $1000 scholarships, and they ranked me third. This year, I have senior status and I am more interested in supply chain management than last year, and hopefully my essay application reflects that. The winners of the scholarship get to attend a supply chain management conference in Baltimore, Maryland in the begninng of May as well. The review the applications after the deadline which is in the beginning of March, so cross your fingers for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment