Monday, January 23, 2012

So close...

I knew coming into this term that my professors were going to give me a run for my money since this is my last semester of classes, and I was definitely right. I would not recommend to anyone else taking 6 classes at a time because it is a lot of work and there is NO free time to do anything but homework. But I, personally would not want it any other way. These past few weeks have flown by, and I am the kind of person who needs to be moving and being productive constantly for my sanity. The thing that keeps me going is the image of walking up stairs in a purple and gold gown to meet Dr. Meier and shake his hand as he hands me a degree in Business Administration, and looking out into the crowd and smiling and waving at my mom and dad and remembering the day that has kept me going since the day I came to Elmira College; the day that my dad hugged me goodbye on the Elmira College lawn with tears in his eyes that he had to let me go and whispered in my ear, "Make me proud, kid." And on my way down the stairs in my purple gown (probably crying out of happiness, sadness, relief, and fear) switching my tassel from one side to the other, smiling from ear to ear, and go back into the crowd to hug my parents for the first time as a college graduate. The support I have had from both my family, friends, and professors has been overwhelming and much appreciated and gives me the motivation and strength to wake up every day and do crazy things like taking 6 upper level classes, blogging, attending club meetings, working part-time, running an online business, and earning two specializations and a minor in three years. I would not be where I am today, or who I am today without my family. The difference between kids who are successful in life and complete college and those who are barely motivated enough to complete high school is the support they get from their family. Thank you Mom, Dad, and Rachel, for everything you have done for me these last 20 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment