Monday, March 26, 2012

2012 ISM Scholarship Dinner

On Thursday, March 22, I was invited to attend the annual ISM Scholarship Dinner to accept my $1,000 reward I received from Hilliard in recognition of academic excellence and business acumen. I was lucky that both of my parents and my boyfriend were able to attend to support me. I sat at the dinner table with my guests, my professor/academic advisor/guest speaker for dinner, and the scholarship chair that interviewed me and played a major role in deciding the scholarship recipients. They gave me a certificate of achievement, took my picture with members of the scholarship committee, and gave me a check and a wine glass with ISM imprinted in it. Several members of the ISM Finger Lakes Region congratulated me throughout the night, and my parents enjoyed bragging about their effective parenting skills that guided me to where I am today. My advisor spoke about a book that he had read over the mid-term break and provided interactive activities for the different tables to participate in, which were a lot of fun. Finally, the dinner was concluded and I met my parents back at my dorm to swap out my winter clothes for summer clothes they brought, before saying goodbye to them. I definitely needed that last hug from my parents to get through my last couple of weeks of classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment